International Admission and Recognition of Qualifications
At the NUAS Board of Directors Meeting, 3 November 2017, the following decisions regarding reorganizing this group were made:
- The group Verification of Certificates and Qualifications will be dissolved.
- The group’s areas of interest will be divided among two other NUAS Groups: Student Administration and Career Counselling and Guidance; and Internationalization.
- The group’s current members will be invited to join one of the two groups that will take over the interest areas of this group (with consideration to interest areas and qualifications/work tasks). Assignment of current team members to their new teams is delegated to the three group leaders. The change will be implemented as a pilot from 1. January, 2018 and will be evaluated in the Autumn of 2019.
- The board authorizes the chair to complete this work in cooperation with the group leaders.
University professionals working with admissions based on international education and transfer of credits.
- Admissions: evaluation of international credentials for admission to Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes.
- Transfer of credits: recognition of international credits for transfer into national degree programmes.This involves international and national students, immigrants and refugees with and without documents.
As it is difficult to find viable areas to work on that justify maintaining an independent group. The group suggests that this topic should be taken over by either Internationalization or Student Administration, Career Counselling and Guidance and the group retired. This decision is on the agenda for the NUAS Board of Directors Meeting (November 3, 2017).