The group’s main target group is Nordic university employees who work professionally, wholly or partly, with communication.
- Offer a platform for expanding individual professional network.
- Offer competence development for communication officers.
- Making it easier to share experiences with other communication officers in the Nordic countries.
Possible topics in focus the coming years:
- Communication in times of pandemic.
- Supporting researchers in handling disinformation, harassment, and counter-fake news.
- Increase awareness of the international competition.
- How to make digital transformation possible.
Activity goals for 2021‒2022
Due to the pandemic, we plan to have more Webinar/online events in autumn 2021. Starting in
September with Bellingcat’s Eliot Higgins with his talk, The Precipice of the Misinformation Age. .
We will evaluate how the pandemic develops and hold online events next winter until we move into
the organization of our conference. We hope to be able to hold our postponed conference on 1–3
June 2022 in Turku, Finland – see: https://nuaskom2021.fi/