Nordic universities´ staff members interested in sustainability issues, education and research. Sustainability / environmental / CSR directors, managers and coordinators.
The group aims at enhancing the integration of sustainability into Nordic higher education institutions and promotes sustainable practices in all campus operations. This includes advising the goals in UN 2030 Agenda in research and education for sustainable development and campus management. Wider societal impact by outreach activities and positive global visibility by active communications.
Activity goals for 2022‒2023
- Attending NUAS events + chairs´ & executive board meetings
- Establish a climate/environment framework among Nordic higher education institutions.
- Reducing carbon emissions from travelling – Challenges and possibilities after Corona.
- Collaboration with networks on national and international level for sustainability (SDSN-NE, ISCN ).
- Developing the collaboration with other NUAS groups.
- Attending ISCN conference in June.
Online event: “Base-line on sustainability actions and the next step among the universities in the Nordic countries”
Date and time: 17th Mars 1:00-3:00 PM, SE-NO-DK time
1:00–1:05 pm: Opening words, Chair of NSCN – Sustainability Manager Kristina von Oelreich, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
1:05–2:00 pm: Cases from Nordic countries:
- A Danish case: Green transition in higher education – Associate Professor Caroline Aggestam Pontoppidan, Copenhagen Business School
- A Finnish case: Theses on sustainable development and responsibility by the Finnish Council of University Rectors UNIFI – Director Tommi Lehtonen, University of Vaasa
- An Icelandic case: The influence of governmental climate policy and initiatives on the University of Iceland – Project Manager Sólrún Sigurðardóttir, University of Iceland
- A Norwegian case: National framework and local strategies pointing towards sustainability – Director Vebjørn Bakken, UiO:Energy
- A Swedish case: Governance and collaboration among higher education institutions in Sweden – Sustainability Manager Kristina von Oelreich, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
2:00–2:55 pm: Discussions in breakout rooms followed by discussion in plenary: What are we doing for sustainability at Nordic higher education institutions? What should we do more or differently? Is there a need for a common sustainability policy for Nordic universities? What would be the future steps for policy formation and implementation?
2:55–3:00 pm: Closing words – Kristina von Oelreich
Presentations from this webinar:
Online Event: Universities climate footprint
Date and time: 19th May 1:00-3:00 PM, SE-N0O-DK time
- Welcome and programme – Tomas Refslund Poulsen, Teamleader Sustainable Institution, University of Copenhagen
- DK universities joint work on total climate footprint accounting. Thomas Stridsland, PHd, Aarhus university
- UCPH climate target and approach – Tomas Refslund Poulsen, Teamleader sustainable institution, University of Copenhagen
- Climate calculations and monitoring at Stockholm university – Viktor Lundborg, environmental controller at Stockholm University
- 5 minutes break
- Finnish Higher education status and a dive in to climate footprint work at University of Jyväskylä,- Sami El Geneidy, Doctoral Researcher
- Reducing consumption and carbon footprint – adressing departments at Gothenborg University – Fredrik Högberg, Environmental coordinator, Gothenburg University
- Questions and joint discussion
You can see “audio1389922342.m4a” at: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:1a388fcf-9591-47aa-8d4c-7ca51bcd4a9a
Presentations from this webinar: