Staff members at Nordic universities who are interested in sustainability issues, education, and research. Sustainability/environmental directors, managers, and coordinators.
Research and education for sustainable development (ESD) and greening the campus. The group aims to enhance the integration of sustainability into Nordic higher education institutions and promote sustainable practices in all campus operations. The also seeks to achieve a wider societal impact and positive global visibility via outreach activities and active communications.
NSCN webpages: nordicsustainablecampusnetwork.wordpress.com
Activity goals for 2017‒2018
- Nordic SuLiTest* project until March 2017, launching international Sustainability Literacy Test in the Nordic countries, financed by Nordic Council of Ministers
- Exploring possibilities for continued external financing on national, Nordic, European or international level. Project ideas like: contributing to NCM Agenda 2030 Program in 2017? Supporting and implementing Sustainable Development Goals? Continuing with SuLiTest*? Nordic Green Gown Awards? Rapid Response Team in conjunction with Global Education Alliance?
- Organizing the Nordic City Challenge in October-November 2017 and 2018
- 29.10.-1.11.2017 in Hanaholmen, Espoo, Finland
- 2018 in Denmark
- Continuing the international collaboration by participating and presenting in relevant events
- 26-28 June 2017 in UBC, Vancouver
- June 2018 will be hosted by KTH in Stockholm; a NUAS sustainability member university
- Unica Green Workshop in April 2017 in Tallinn, Estonia: presentation on our projects and activities
- ISCN conferences, Intl Sustainable Campus Network:
- Developing the collaboration with other NUAS groups
- providing sustainability contents to NUAS Communications conference in Bergen 18.-20.6.2017
- attending NUAS chairs & executive board meetings
- contributing to NUAS direktörmöte May 2018 and NUAS Congress in August 2019
- Regular videoconferences every 1–3 months and face-to-face meeting once a year
- Regular blogposts to webpages with current news, best practices and interesting case examples from the Nordic universities
- Contributing to Green Gown Awards competition by EAUC
- Celebrating NSCN 5th anniversary; possibly launching NUAS Sustainability´s own FB pages